Nepal - America Indigenous People's Forum Organization
Established on 1900
NEPAL-US INDIGENOUS PEOPLES' FORUM CONSTITUTION - 2005
Realizing the need for a forum to preserve language, culture and tradition of the indigenous peoples of Nepal and foster equitable and socially-just development and education, we, the indigenous peoples of Nepal currently residing in United States of America, have solemnly decided to found a voluntary social organization whose name shall be Nepal-US Indigenous Peoples' Forum and in short [NIP FORUM]. This Constitution shall also be known as the By-laws of NIP Forum. This organization may also be known as 'NIPF' or 'Forum' in short where appropriate;
2. BACKGROUND & LIKELY PROSPECT
The indigenous ethnic peoples are known as Aadibasi Janajatis in Nepal. One of the ethnically, culturally and linguistically diverse countries in South Asia, Nepal is a home for different peoples who speak different languages, adhere to different religions, practice different cultures and live in harmony forming distinct identities among themselves from the ages. Among them are the indigenous peoples who form 37.38 % of the total population 27,070,666  in the country. These indigenous peoples strive to come up and contribute to nation building in a democratic frame work.
3. MISSION STATEMENT
a) We strive to preserve diverse yet valuable indigenous languages, culture and other cultural heritages by conducting quality research, documenting information, and disseminating it among various concerned individual and parties and establishing coordination and collaboration with like-minded institutions;
b) We are dedicated to improving dignity and respect of indigenous peoples of Nepal by strengthening their capacity and participation in policy formulation by encouraging investment on quality education, leadership development, and advocacy among indigenous peoples;
c) We are committed to improving socio-cultural, economic and environmental conditions of indigenous peoples of Nepal to foster equitable and socially just development through various income generation activities, community support, and public awareness.
a) To ensure dignity and respect, we are dedicated to preserve (and or promote) language, intellectual property rights and cultural heritage of indigenous peoples of Nepal through support for documentation, scientific publication, and sharing in workshops.
b) We are committed to help improve the quality of life of indigenous peoples by uplifting social and economic status and enhancing environmental conditions they depend through support in education, leadership development, and advocacy ;
5. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Nepal US Indigenous Peoples' Forum aims at supporting, enabling and assisting for the well-being of indigenous peoples of Nepal. In order to achieve this, it aims:-
* To conduct research, document threatened linguistic and cultural heritages of indigenous peoples of Nepal and disseminate it in Nepal and outside;
* To make charitable contributions to assist indigenous peoples of Nepal during natural disasters and humanitarian emergencies;
* To raise awareness about the importance of environmental conservation,health, and sanitation among women, men and school-age children of indigenous peoples communities;
* To uplift economic condition of indigenous peoples of Nepal by providing support in conducting variety of income generation activities increase indigenous peoples participation in planning and policy reform in order to promote equity, social justice, and sense of solidarity in the country;